- Project Details
- Client South Central Communications
May 2017 - June 2017
- Equipment Used DitchWitch MT16
- Distance 6 Miles
State Route 12
Issue and Solution
- Client Issue: Client needed to run fiber across rough canyon terrain. Aerial was not an option.
- Americom Solution: Microtrench through one lane of State Rt 12, installing the fiber network under the asphalt with minimal disruption to traffic and the asphalt surface.
Scope of Work
- Microtrenched 6-mile span 2.5 “ wide x 16” deep for fiber optic cable installation.
- Trenched through asphalt, aggregate base course and soil sub base.
- Installed MD2 (micro duct), flow filled trench to 13” and capped off of with plexi-melt mastic sealer.
- Blew in 24-strand micro fiber.
“We chose Americom because of their reputation. They do what they say they’re going to do, when they say they’ll do it, and that’s vital to staying on schedule and on budget. I was very pleased with the quality of their work on our project – They do it right the first time.”
– Lance Goulding, Construction & Engineering Manager, South Central Communications